Friday, September 14, 2007

More to follow about the red dye #40 and erratic behavior

Today I have been reassigned. I asked the district for another aide and action has been taken. I am no longer working with Mahesh and his ODD and Hyperlexia. Now I am working with Jane who is supposedly reactive to red dye #40 and I am also working with Andrew (my original 1:1 PDD.NOS assignment). This has made me very happy. Some research was done into the food ingredients and it was found that nothing has contained the Red Dye #40 or any other red dyes, so the dye can not be blamed for Jane's recent erratic behaviors. Her parents are insisting that it is allergy related instead of seizure related (which I suspect) so I think they will be eliminating wheat and dairy from her diet to eliminate that probability. Jane was pretty calm today, she responds so well to written instructions. When she gets off topic or behaves inappropriately, I just write what she should be doing and she does it. The funniest thing was, during math, she started copying her neighbors paper so I moved her to a table by herself and she said "I'm busted!"

No comments: